From the list of directors provided in the formal notice by mail and/or email, you may like to know that a couple of Directors (as of today 12th May 2023) will not be re-standing for appointment..
If you have already sent in your voting form, please don’t worry your other votes still stand.
IF YOU WANT TO PUT YOURSELF AS A VOLUNTEER DIRECTOR THIS YEAR – WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO?
Last year it was put back in the Articles that the Directors resign each year and they and/or new Directors (7) are voted in.
So, what does it involve? You obviously need to let others know about you and how you think you can help. Learning from this year we would say:
- It would better suit someone who was part-time employed or retired.
- It can take, on average, 2 hours a week , sometimes more depending if you are arranging / working with contractors on site (it can take an hour and half to take a contractor round all the apartments blocks) . You may occasionally visit an owner if there is a query that is better sorted face to face.
- More representation from owners of the apartments would be great as that will give a larger knowledge-base of Lease intricacies from the point of view of the owners most supported by the volunteer Management Company. Also, you are around to see how works are going and check up on work completed.
- You don’t have to have ‘director’ experience to volunteer for this role. You just need to care about our Park and respect the people who live here.
- If you don’t know much about the Leases and Articles of Association, there are people willing to help with this.
It may be judicious to let your friends and neighbours know beforehand the reasons why you are going to stand so that they can vote for you. The same can be said for making yourself known to those you don’t know! By all means PM a director for more information.
PLEASE NOTE THE SUBMISSION DETAILS FOR SENDING IN YOUR PROXY FORM AND THE DATE:
If you cannot attend the meeting a proxy form is enclosed where you can submit your votes for each resolution, or nominate a person to attend on your behalf. You can nominate ‘any director’ to vote on your behalf as desired. Please note that completed proxy forms must be received at the offices of Castle Estates no later than 5pm 19th (changed from the 15th) May 2023. You can also email your proxy vote – this must be sent only to firstname.lastname@example.org , and must have the subject header ‘General Meeting Proxy Submission’.